VOLUNTEER FOR THE SUPERVISORY COMMITTEE
The Atlantic Federal Credit Union seeks to fill a vacancy on the Supervisory Committee with a Volunteer who best represents our diverse Membership.
Assist the Board of Directors and Credit Union Management Team in monitoring the application and compliance of internal operations with Credit Union bylaws, policies, and procedures as well as compliance with all federal and state regulations that govern Credit Union operations. Ensure a strong framework of internal controls is maintained that represents best practices in the industry that will attest to the reliability and integrity of financial and operational information thus safeguarding our Members’ assets. Participate in the selection of an outside firm to conduct the annual audit and that all follow-ups and findings from both the audit as well as internal audits & reviews and reporting from other governing agencies, e.g. NCUA, are addressed on a timely basis. Review Member complaints and work with management to resolve them.
Applicants must be Members of The Atlantic Federal Credit Union and be available to attend monthly meetings of both the Supervisory Committee and Board of Directors, normally scheduled for the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 11AM-3PM, and other special meetings as requested.
This is a volunteer position that may result in an opportunity to join the Board of Directors.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Willingness to work with a team in support of the Credit Union’s mission and desire to better the financial lives of our Members
- Ability to assess and understand basic financial statements and analyses
- General understanding of regulatory requirements related to associated audits and reviews conducted by outside agencies
- Ability to assess operations and ensure internal controls represent best practices that expedite efficient and cost-effective results while safeguarding assets and minimizing risk
- Aptitude to think strategically with new perspectives and insights focused on improving governance, operations and financial results
INTERESTED IN HEARING MORE OR APPLYING:
If you are interested in hearing more or applying, please forward your letter of introduction and resume to Russ Hovland, Chairman Supervisory Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.