Atlantic Federal is here to empower you with the information you need to know, as your financial security remains a top priority. We'd like to share significant details with you concerning the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
On March 11, 2021, the United States Congress approved, and President Joe Biden signed into law the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 that includes a third round of stimulus payments (also known as Economic Impact Payments). Please be aware, eligibility criteria outlined in the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 differs from prior rounds of stimulus payments. Your eligibility is determined by the government. Click here to learn more about eligibility and payment amounts.
How You'll Receive the Payment
- By direct deposit into the bank account reflected or reported on your 2020 tax return. If you have not filed your 2020 tax return, the payment will be deposited into the same account used when you filed your 2019 tax return.
- By paper check if you did not file a tax return or have not given the IRS your direct deposit account information in the last two years, you may receive a US Treasury check.
- By prepaid card - instead of receiving a paper check, some customers will receive a prepaid card in the mail. Customers are able to use this card like a debit card or transfer funds from their Economic Impact Payment (EIP) card to their bank account from the Eipcard.com website, from the Money Network Mobile App, or by calling 1-800-240-8100.
Once the IRS begins to distribute payments, the IRS's Get MY Payment tool will be updated to reflect direct deposit or mailed payment date. The IRS is expected to update the payment status regularly.
*Note that payments are being distributed by the IRS in waves, so if someone you know has received theirs but you haven't yet, it is not a cause for concern.
Accessing Your Payment
By downloading our free Atlantic Federal Credit Union Mobile App, you can easily deposit your check and access the funds securely by logging in and using Remote Check Deposit.1 We've made the process easy and convenient for our members:
- Open enrollment to all new members - no waiting period
- Check deposit limits can be adjusted (by email request to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- No holds will be placed on stimulus check deposits, including ATM deposits (the Payee(s) on the check must be deposited into same named account)
1Account access restrictions may apply to mobile/web access in certain countries.